Bethlehem On Broad Street is 100% volunteer-run. And, like so many voluteer opportunities we think you will receive MUCH MORE than you GIVE. Please review these notes for volunteers and then click on the button, below, to sign up as a BOBS Volunteer this Christmas Season.
Important Notes for Volunteers
- Please understand that all volunteers must wear facial masks (except musicians and worship leaders while speaking or singing), must practice social distancing, and must help encourage our guests to do so as well.
- Anyone who has tested positive for the Coronavirus, has symptoms of COVID-19, or who does not otherwise feel well, should stay safe and focus on their own wellbeing at home.
- Many of us will be outside in the cold weather for our shifts. Dress warmly (with water resistant outerwear if possible), and wear gloves, hat, and comfortable shoes.
- There will be plenty of free parking available.
- You will receive an email confirm of your volunteer registration and a follow-up email nearer to the event to provide more detailed information.
BOBS Volunteer Roles
Here are some of the BOBS volunteer activities. If you have a preference, we will do what we can to match you up with your preferred role. But, sometimes, to meet the needs of our guests, we may ask you to help in a role you did not choose. You can indicate your prererence, if any, when you register.
- DECEMBER 5th – 11th: You can help load gifts at Project Help, or assemble and hand out family food boxes outside at Broad Street United Methodist Church.
- DECEMBER 20th – 24th: You can help with tasks like assembling toiletry packets, sorting gifts, setting up tables and chairs, and other important preparations.
- CHRISTMAS DAY, DECEMBER 25th
- SERVERS – Serve Christmas dinner and beverages to our guests in our outdoor, heated dining tent.
- GREETERS – Provide Christmas cheer to our guests and guide them to the services we offer them inside and outside.
- REGISTRATION – Give volunteers and guests a hearty welcome inside or outside, and provide event information.
- GIFTERS – Distribute toiletries, winter wear, and toys to our adult and youth guests inside.
- LISTENERS – Offer a friendly ear to our guests inside and offer literature and information that BOBS provides on local resources and social services.
- VOLUNTEER ROOM – Help greet and register volunteers as they arrive on Christmas Day
- MUSICIANS – Entertain and inspire guests and volunteers with Holiday music inside the church.
- CREW – Help with event-day set-up, logistics, equipment needs, and wrap-up, inside or outside.